Influencer Marketing Campaigns
Work with publishers and professionals who already have the trust of your target audience!
Headquartered in Denver Serving Clients Nationwide
One of the keys to success in marketing online is establishing your brand as an authority in your industry. One of the most effective methods for establishing a business as an authority is influencer marketing. By becoming an authority in your industry, you will yield more traffic, more social interactions and – ultimately – more revenue.
Simply put, influencer marketing is the use of key thought leaders who already have the eyes, ears, and trust of your target audience, to deliver your message. Rather than using paid or other marketing approaches to reach this audience, you inspire or hire someone who is already influential to your target audience to spread the word for you.
Influencer marketing is not a standalone marketing technique. Instead, it coincides with social media marketing and content marketing to form a comprehensive strategy focused on building your brand and growing your revenue.
CALL TODAY 303-832-5193!
Finding the Right Influencers
A successful influencer marketing campaign depends and relies on finding the right influencers for your industry. Bear in mind, an influencer isn’t always an individual. Influencers can be businesses or publications. Money magazine may be considered an influencer in the financial industry for example.
Before you head to your favorite social network and start reaching out to people and companies to spread the word about your business, take a moment to consider if they are truly an influencer. Let the following criteria be your guide:
- Context – Influencers are only influencers within the right context. Even the most popular Instagram models will do nothing to increase sales of a CRM software. Consider the industry that they influence, and determine if it strongly aligns with your business.
- Reach – After you’ve determined that someone is a contextual fit for your brand, the next step is to understand the reach that they have. What is their following on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and any other relevant network? You want an influencer with a wide reach within your target audience so that your message will be received by as many prospects as possible.
- Actionability – How well does the influencer inspire action in their followers? Ideally, this will occur naturally when the influencer is contextually within your niche and is also in alignment with your brand. An ideal influencer is not a heavy-handed salesperson. Instead, they are interesting and engaging people who make soft recommendations, which their followers appreciate.
You may quickly discover that there are plenty of people that meet the above criteria. So, it’s time to refine the image of the ideal influencer for your market:
- What type of personality do you want? Do you need an authoritative voice, an entertainer, or an activist? Choose the best type of personality to promote your product or service.
- What genre and niche should you target? A genre is a wider category, with a niche being a smaller category within the genre. Pick your genre, such as technology, travel, etc. at the beginning. Then, pick your niche within that genre, such as cloud computing, budget travel, etc. This will allow you to form a targeted list of influencers.
- What topics are relevant to your product or service? Find a topic that your perfect influencer often discusses on their blogs or social media. This topic is what you will reference when you reach out to influencers to explain why you’re a good fit.
- What type of reach do they have? Do they have an active blog with a regular readership? Or do they have a massive Twitter army at their disposal? Perhaps they have an active Instagram account to help drive a visual-focused campaign? Consider the type of reach that will be best for your product or service and find an influencer that possesses that type of reach.
Now you have an excellent idea of how to identify influencers, and how to sort through them to determine which one(s) will work best for you and your brand. Now, how do you connect with them?
Connecting with Publishers
How do you know which influencers to work with?
Finding and connecting with influencers takes time and effort, but it is well worth the investment. Start tracking the influencers you find. There are several ways that you can find influencers:
- Monitor social media – Since most (if not all) influencers have a strong social media following, social media is a perfect place to begin searching for them. If you’ve identified a focal social network for your influencer outreach marketing campaign, monitor that social network for influencers. Use hashtags to follow conversations, and try to go back to who’s starting (or leading) them. Look for active talkers in your industry, as they very well may be influencers. You will have to spend a hefty amount of time isolating influencers on social networks, but it will be worth it.
- Google Alerts – One of the best ways to identify influencers in your niche is to set up a Google Alert for key terms within your industry. Every day, you’ll receive an email with a list of articles that used those key terms. If you go through them every day, you’ll start to notice which blogs and websites are most active in your niche. Make a note of repeating names in your list of potential influencers. Save & Exit
- Blogs – Most influencers have consistently updated blogs with a growing loyal audience or subscriber base. Start by searching for blogs in your genre and niche using generic keywords. Read through their posts and see if what they’re writing about is relevant to your industry. Once you’ve found a handful of quality blogs, locate their SEO stats and social media profiles to flesh out their information on your list.
After you’ve invested a solid amount of time into finding potential influencers, you’ll be left with a list chalked full of people to pursue. Don’t start emailing or Tweeting at them just yet, you need to craft your unique value proposition.
When was the last time you audited your content?
The cornerstone of inbound marketing is outstanding content. Your content must anticipate and speak to your potential customers’ pain points, questions, and interests. stellar content will naturally attract links, be shared on social media, and rank well on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
How do you create great content? It begins by creating a buyer persona (or personas) that represent your target market. Conduct the necessary research to determine common pain points, questions, and interests that real people have about your industry. You can use social media and forums to ‘listen in’ on prospective buyers.
After you’ve conducted market research, write up a buyer persona that represents a single, individual person. Give them a name, age, and gender. Write about how they spend their free time, what they do for work, and where they go online.
Next, use this buyer persona to brainstorm content ideas. Align your content with the buyer persona’s interests. With expertly crafted content for each stage of the buyer journey, that addresses the right topics, attracting inbound traffic that converts into paying customers.
Outstanding Content Fuels SEO and Local SEO Efforts
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a byproduct of great marketing. Google and search engines can be thought of as great “match-makers”. Their job is to ensure searchers find the most relevant information with as little friction as possible. Search algorithms have evolved and can easily identify attempts to game the system. Great websites act very similar to consultants. They answer questions and provide information to a visitor, positioning the business as a standout expert in their competitive landscape.
There are two aspects of SEO and local SEO: onsite and offsite.
- Onsite SEO is all about making your website easy for search engines and visitors to understand. Your website needs to quickly guide a visitor to relevant information. The use of appropriate title tags, meta tags, meta description, headings and graphical calls-to-action will guide people deeper into your site You’ll need an easily indexable site with links between all your pages and blog posts.
- Offsite SEO is a series of techniques that take place outside of your website and drives traffic back to it. It relies on reaching out to industry influencers, guest posts, site reviews and building backlinks.
Both aspects of SEO (onsite and offsite) are dependent on content. High quality, up to date content will attract backlinks, provide an opportunity to target new keywords and address your customer’s pain points and interests. Great content will also build and nurture relationships with prospective customers before they convert.
Your content must speak to your customer. It needs to educate and bring awareness to how your solutions directly solve their problems. When you have great content in alignment with your buyer personas, you’ll:
How does your content align with your visitor’s needs? More importantly, is your content converting traffic into customers? Our Inbound Marketing services will help you craft content that delights your visitors and turns them into revenue for your business!
How to Create the Right Topics
Most of the time, you’ll be asking influencers to promote a piece of content that is on your own website or blog. While you may sometimes ask them to promote your product or service directly, they will typically simply share a blog post or article that you wrote (or paid someone else to write).
It’s of the utmost importance to create the right topics for your blog and website. They must be relevant to your industry, audience and be timely. If you fail to hit the mark, you’ll be wasting time and money producing content that nobody is interested in.
Creating the right topics to share with influencers is not a complex process:
- Research the pain points within your industry. What are people having problems with?
- Analyze your competition to see what they’re posting about. Investigate how well their blog posts are performing on social media.
- Browse through the blog posts and social media profiles of influencers in your industry. By now, you’ve already created a list of influencers. Make a daily effort to follow them online and see what they’re interested in (and what their audience is interested in).
- Write a list of blog post ideas only after you’ve completed the above steps. Include the headline and a few sentences about what the blog post will be about.
- Start producing well-researched, in-depth blog posts.
- Publish them and reach out to influencers about them. Simply say, “I believe you and your audience may be interested in this blog post.”
- Analyze how well your content performs online. Is it boosting your traffic? Is it growing your revenue?
Influencer Marketing Value
Leveraging trusted sources to influence your audience is a proven way to generate new clients and revenue. AlphaMind Studios expert team helps you create a campaign that will build your authority and turn you into a thought leader in your field.
Are you ready to launch an effective influencer marketing campaign? Contact us today: 303-832-5193 to launch your campaign!
AlphaMind Studio’s inbound marketing strategies have a higher ROI than just about any other marketing strategy. We build campaigns that draw your target audience to you. From there we focus on converting them into paying clients. No one else in the industry offers campaigns with this level of detail.
Start boosting your revenue today! Contact us at: (303) 832-5193 to create a stellar inbound marketing campaign that will grow your business.
What good is your website if it's not going to bring you revenue? Sure, awareness and improvements in brand sentiment are great, but conversions should be the main focus of your website. If more of your website visitors become customers, your business reaps benefits...read more
Your home page isn't the only part of your website that has valuable content. Why would you want it to be the only one that shows up in search results? If you feature contact information and calls to action throughout your website, you'll want people to visit more...read more
If you haven't already decided to use influencer marketing in your digital strategy, here are some compelling reasons why you should: 70 percent of millennials are influenced by peers in buying decisions Non-celebrity bloggers are 10 times more likely to...read more
REQUEST A FREE DIGITAL MARKETING EVALUATION
Let us provide valuable insight, custom research, and recommendations. Dominate your market, generate leads and new business!
Or call one of our consultants today!
1001 Bannock St. Suite 404
Denver, Colorado 80204